Tuesday, October 26, 2010

To start off...

I was inspired tonight to start blogging. I enjoy reading other people's blogs but have never really considered starting my own until some dear friends of mine made me realize that I have to write some of this stuff down!

I am a fourth year pharmacy student...and I LOVE it! School for 7 years is not anyone's idea of fun but I've been blessed with great experiences and I've learned so much that books could never teach me during this process. This last year (I graduate in MAY!!!) we have 8 six-week rotations and two "Grand Rounds" presentations before graduation. I am so BLESSED that 3 of my rotations are in locations that allow me to live in my hometown, with my grandmother. I have been here for 5 weeks so far and I don't have time to get anything done for rotation because I would rather go to pee-wee football games, Wednesday night dinner at church, Nerts tournaments, and anything else that is going on in town.

Not even a month after receiving my doctorate, I'll get to marry my sweet Matt. We've been dating for a few years and he asked me to be his wife last Christmas. I could not have asked God for anyone better to spend the rest of my life with. Our biggest hurdle though, is Big 12 team preference. I bleed red and black (Wreck 'em Tech), and he is a Fightin' Texas Aggie. I'm honestly rooting for A&M to go to the SEC so that we won't be playing against each other (to spare him the annual beating, of course).

Besides getting to have a social life again, I get to hang out with older men during the day at the VA and I get to live with my sweet Mawmaw. She will be the highlight of this blog, I'm sure. She makes me laugh daily and has the sweetest heart of anyone I know. If she could, she would save all the cats in Martin County and let them live in her backyard. I have thrown a wrench in that plan though since I brought my two dogs here to live with me. She also has no filter and everything that pops into her mind comes right out her mouth. This is very entertaining.

Well I'll write more soon....got Taylor Swift's new album on iTunes today. In the Prologue of the digital booklet, she says:
"I think most of us fear reaching the end of our life, and looking back regretting the moments we didn't speak up. When we didn't say "I love you." When we should've said "I'm sorry." When we didn't stand up for ourselves or someone who needed help. ....There is a time for silence. There is a time waiting your turn. But if you know how you feel, and you so clearly know what you need to say, you'll know it. I don't think you should wait. I think you should speak now."

I admire that girl! She is so talented.

1 comment:

  1. Yay! Welcome to blogging! You are going to love it and we are going to love having you here! Way to go!!!

    ReplyDelete